Oct 31, 2010 Jennifer Long
Find the Right Christmas Gift for Loved Ones - Free Digital Photos
With Halloween having come and gone, consumers will focus their efforts on the upcoming Christmas season. Early birds will begin to hunt for bargains immediately, while some shoppers will wait until days before Christmas to take care of the people on their lists. Whether you claim membership to the former or to the latter group, the following list of Christmas gift ideas can be of use when shopping for the teenagers or adults in your life.
Apple iPods have always been popular, especially among teenagers and the tech-savvy crowd. This year, with new models being introduced, the iPod offers impressive features and remains aesthetically attractive, being offered in a variety of bright colors. Each of the following reasonably-priced models provides users with top-of-the line technology.
- iPod Shuffle- Carrying a $49 price tag, this 2GB model affords users enough room to sync hundreds of songs. It conveniently clips to clothing, making it portable and conducive for use during exercise. The new shuffle allows users to create playlists, and it also features larger buttons than previous models.
- iPod Nano- Much like the iPod Shuffle, the new Nano features a smaller, sleeker design and clips to clothing, making it much more portable than previous models. The 8GB model is offered for $149, and it boasts a rechargeable battery, capable of lasting for 24 hours. Keeping step with Apple’s brand image, the Nano also offers quirky features, such as the ability to shuffle songs when shaken by the user.
- iPod Touch- The affordable 8GB iPod Touch is priced at $229, and the new model allows users to record and edit high definition video. It also includes extensive gaming capabilities, in addition to a “Face Time” feature, which allows users to talk face-to-face, as if conversing via webcam, with other iPod Touch users.
To save money throughout the holiday season, consumers should be aware of any special deals offered by retailers. Target, for example, often awards customers with gift cards with the purchase of an Apple iPod, according to Erin Santoni, Guest Experience Manager at the Columbus Northeast Target.
The North Face Fleece
Perfect for a Saturday afternoon on the slopes or a frigid weekday morning, North Face fleece jackets provide comfort throughout the winter season. The women’s fleece Khumbu jacket is priced at $80 and comes in a variety of colors, with a comparable men’s jacket being offered for $80-$100.
As a result of their quality and popularity, North Face fleece jackets are typically relatively expensive. Fortunately, Old Navy offers budget-friendly jackets, beginning as low as $15 for men’s and women’s performance fleece pullovers.
The Christmas season presents shoppers with the perfect opportunity to buy fitness equipment for loved ones seeking to commit to New Year’s Resolutions. Purchase one of the following to help them meet their fitness goals.
- Altus 32-lb Dumbbell Set- Sold for $49.99 at Dick’s Sporting Goods, the Altus 32-lb dumbbell set includes a pair of 3-lb, 5 lb, and 8-lb weights, as well as a weight rack. The dumbbells are featured in eye-catching shades of red, purple, and blue.
- Nike SportBand- For just $59, Nike presents runners and fitness enthusiasts with this tool that calculates pace, distance, time, and calories burned during each run. It is water resistant so it can be used in the rain, and it contains a USB so users can load their runs onto their computers.
- Gaiam Pilates Body Sculpting Kit- The $19.99 package is sold at Target and includes a portable toning ball and a Pilates workout video.
With the effects of the recession still being apparent, maintaining a budget is essential, even throughout the Holiday season. Give generously but save money with the following budget-friendly items.
- Victoria’s Secret Pink Panties- $25 for 5 Pairs
- American Eagle Outfitters Men’s Boxers- $12.50 Each
- ·Old Navy Flannel Pajama Pants, Men’s and Women’s - $12.50-$17.50 Each
- Broke by Glenn Beck- $17.54 at barnesandnoble.com
- Target Microplush Fleece Blanket- $22.99
- Come Around Sundown by Kings of Leon- $13.88 at Wal-Mart
- Colored Skullcandy Dub Earbuds- $9.99 at Staples
- ·Dynex Progressive Scan DVD Player- $32.99 at Best Buy
- Women’s Suede Moccasin Slippers- $14.00 at Target
- Men’s St. John’s Bay Suede Slippers- $19.99 at JCPenney
If none of these gift ideas seem relevant, loved ones may appreciate gift cards to their favorite retailers. They may require less thought than other gifts, but shoppers can rest assured that they will be used.
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.