Nov 14, 2010 Helen Smeaton
Coasteering Adventure Experience - Helen Smeaton
If you think that couple gifts should only be for anniversaries then think again. Presents bought for two people rather than one can make your Christmas budget go further and they are the perfect solution for hard-to-buy-for people like in laws, or serious boyfriends and girlfriends, as you can just buy couple gifts for Christmas that they will both love.
Christmas Present Ideas for Couples
Before you start making your Christmas gift list, think about the type of present each couple might need, want or like to have. For instance, if they are an adventurous couple, they may love a weird and wacky gift experience, or if they have just set up home together, they may relish some cool items for the house.
On the other hand, if they have been together for a long time, they may prefer something personalized to remind them just how long they have been a couple.
Personalized Couples Gift Ideas
These personalized couples gift ideas are both fun and practical:
- Caricature portrait – pull out some old photos of the couple and have one made into a caricature; there are plenty of online sites like Caricature King, where all you need is a digital photo; they do the rest.
- Hand drawn portrait – if it’s an older couple like your grandparents, a hand-drawn portrait may be more appropriate; easily done again just by sending a digital image over the internet to a company like PaintYourLife.
- Build a website– a great gift for an older couple as a home for photographic memories, and cheap, as all it costs is your time! Use a free hosting company like Yola to make a simple website that they can then update and add to; just make sure they have a home computer before you start!
- Private dance lesson – a romantic idea for a couple gift, sure to please anyone hooked on the TV show Strictly Come Dancing; it's also a fun way to lose a few pounds post Christmas!
Cool Holiday Gifts for Couples
For people who have just set up home or for friends that are difficult to buy for individually, these cool holiday gifts for couples are practical and look great around the home:
- iPod docking station – almost everyone owns an iPod but how many own a cool docking station? Consider the sleek Klipsch docking station pictured below; it packs a powerful punch when it comes to quality music and sounds as good as a Bang and Olufsen at a much cheaper price.
- Magimix food processor – perfect for want-to-be master chefs and a real time saver.
Fun Couples Christmas Presents
Looking for something original and totally different? How about fun couples Christmas presents like these?
- Teepee retreat – buy an overnight gift experience staying in a teepee; combine it with horse riding or mountain biking if they are energetic, or an evening massage followed by a candlelit outdoor supper.
- Driving experience – forget the boring Ferrari; book them a tank driving experience instead!
- Ride on the world’s fastest roller coaster – yes this one will cost money as you have to get them to Abu Dhabi and Ferrari World but they will have the ride of their lives!
Or consider the following:
For Adventurous Couples – Buy Gift Experiences
Balloon rides and spa weekends immediately spring to mind, but how about these unusual alternatives for adventurous couples:
- Indoor skydiving – highly popular flying in a wind tunnel and, with many 2 for 1 offers from companies like Red Letter Days, good value for money too.
- Coasteering – an activity that originated in Wales, it involves traversing terrain close to the sea by swimming, clambering over rocks and jumping off high points.
- Zorbing – known also as sphering, couples race each other downhill transported in a huge plastic ball. Now available worldwide, this could be the perfect gift for couples planning on going to New Zealand to watch the Rugby World Cup in 2011, as the original Zorb track can be found in Rotorua.
- Schweebing – and if they are planning to visit Rotorua anyway , buy the couple a voucher for Schweebing (see this article to find out what is a schweeb!)
Best Christmas Gifts for Couples
The best Christmas gifts for couples will depend largely on their interests, but there is sure to be an adventure experience or cool household item that will suit their tastes. Just use the above ideas as inspiration for your 2010 couple gifts.
Also of interest may be
Coasteering Adventure Experience - Helen Smeaton
Klipsch iPod Docking Station - Helen Smeaton
Zorbing in New Zealand - Helen Smeaton
Caricature, Perfect Couples Gift - Helen Smeaton
This entry passed through the Full-Text RSS service — if this is your content and you're reading it on someone else's site, please read our FAQ page at fivefilters.org/content-only/faq.php
Five Filters featured article: Beyond Hiroshima - The Non-Reporting of Falluja's Cancer Catastrophe.